Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region
Position: School Based Program Coordinator, Mentor 2.0 (Full-Time, Classroom facilitation)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
AGENCY OVERVIEW AND JOB DESCRIPTION
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI) is the largest BBBS agency in PA/NJ and fourth largest in the nation. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. BBBS IR seeks a School Based Program Coordinator to facilitate a new cohort of Mentor 2.0 matches in addition to our standard SB programming. This position supports "Big" and "Little" matches, through the coordination of programs located at schools, online, and at corporations. This position will facilitate college readiness curriculum for the Mentor 2.0 program. Some evening/weekend work may be required, with the majority of time spent during traditional work hours. Travel to Mentor2.0 three-day annual conference is also required.
Child Safety & Match Support
- Provide match support to ensure child safety, positive impacts for youth, constructive and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers, and a strong sense of affiliation with BBBS on the part of volunteers.
- Effectively utilize on-line database system for recording and reviewing all child/mentor match details.
- Build college aspiration for mentees and assist pairs with navigating post-secondary conversations according to academic level.
- Meet or exceed goals in the following areas: clients interviewed, number of matches made, match support compliance, pair participation, match closure rate, frequency of match closures, average match length, and customer satisfaction.
Little Recruitment, Interviewing & Match Making
- With the assistance of school liaisons, enroll children with proper paperwork and conduct client assessments/updates as indicated.
- Work with and receive input from Enrollment team to make matches according to assessment and recommendations from the Intake process.
- Build relationships with partner corporations and schools through coordination with teachers, principals, counselors and corporate liaisons. Act as liaison with site-based contacts to ensure effective implementation of program and coordination of all site-specific needs.
- Facilitate weekly classroom lessons for high school mentees, lead 1-2 monthly evening events for mentors and mentees, provide individual support for pairs, and develop a strong partnership at the school site.
- Implement engaging classroom lessons based on curriculum content in order to develop student growth.
- Effectively plan and implement program logistics and activities
- Provide friendly, approachable customer service and represent the Agency and our mission in a professional and positive manner.
Academic: Must have a bachelor’s degree, with 1 to 2+ years prior, relatable experience preferred.
Professional: Teaching experience, as well as experience working with adult populations, youth service organizations, and with socio-economically diverse populations is preferred. Must have dependable, daily access to a car, valid driver's license, and meet state-required automobile insurance minimums.
Personal Attributes: Must be a self-starter with strong organizational, communication and customer service skills; have the ability to interact with and relate well to others, and possess the ability to work independently. Must be flexible; have a positive, can-do attitude; and have a strong desire to work in an industry that focuses on helping others.
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at: http://bbbsir.gatherdocs.com/.
BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.