Position: Accounting Manager (full time, exempt)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
COME JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING AGENCY THAT IS HELPING MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN CHILDREN'S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI), the premier youth mentoring organization in the state, seeks an Accounting Manager. This position supports the Finance Department directly, and the entire Agency broadly; with responsibility for a variety of accounting and personnel-related functions and processes.
- Coordinate daily tasks and manage projects for accounting and finance team; conduct team member performance reviews and acts as a peer leader, upholding, by example, appropriate standards of practice and effective performance of functions and procedures.
- Provide accurate financial processing and accounting support to the Agency, including processes accounts payable and receivable as well as travel & expense reimbursements, manages corporate cards, maintains general ledger, assists with preparation of annual budget, and year-end audit.
- Maintain personnel files/records; administrator of time tracking process, along with payroll issuance and benefits administration.
- Provide timely support to all staff members in areas of submissions and services, effectively responding to inquiries and seeking guidance/direction as needed.
- Work in support of strategic plan goals and objectives.
- Assist Controller in the month-end close
- Accounts payable/accounts receivable
- Daily import of QBO’s /Cash reconciliations
- Payroll Support (reconcile PTO accruals, deductions, etc.)
- Update position control as needed
- Provide weekly deposit and A/R reports
- Balance Sheet schedules
- Provide monthly P&L to Data Analyst or Grants Manager
- Assist Data Analyst or Grants Manager with back-up of monthly grant invoicing
- Coordinate COI’s from Insurance Broker
- Maintain Vendor & Sub-recipient contracts,W-9’s and Vendor COI’s
- Enter monthly grant revenue invoices & expense allocation entries
- Work with Advancement to get written documentation to enter Special Events/Pledges/Promises and other Revenue supporting documents
- Collaborate with HR Manager and with Operations Manager on credit cards, DOH , timekeeping and special projects
- Work with Controller to ensure clean and timely year-end financial and 403(B) audit.
- Manage/train bookkeeper
Academic: minimum – MBA degree in Accounting required.
Professional: Ten (10) to Fifteen (15) years Accounting experience required; preferably in in a non-profit environment, educational or social services, excellent working knowledge of QuickBooks Pro and Paylocity & online processing systems a plus. Some experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge or Sage MIP, also a plus. DOJ Grants Financial Management Certificate of Completion required.
Skills: Must be able to manage responsibilities and tasks according to due dates and goals; possess a solid foundation of GAAP, internal controls and good working knowledge of annual audits, highly organized and familiar with special events revenue types.
Personal Attributes: must be a self-starter, able to work independently, with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills; have the ability to effectively communicate, with excellent written and verbal communication skills; and prior participation in academic/extra-curricular activities and organizations, which demonstrate some leadership is desired.
No Third Party Solicitation. Cover letters and resumes can be E-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put ‘Accounting Manager’ in the subject line.
BBBS Independence promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBS Independence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, gender identity or expression, disability, military service, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood traits, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.