Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence
Position: Team Leader, Community-Based Enrollment & Match
Location: Philadelphia, PA
AGENCY OVERVIEW AND JOB DESCRIPTION JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI) is the largest BBBS agency in PA/NJ and fourth largest in the nation. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI), seeks a Team Leader, Community-Based Enrollment & Match. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. The ideal candidate will support the enrollment and match function via the successful coordination of the community-based enrollment & match team’s activities, as well as effective performance of individual enrollment & match responsibilities, practices and goals. This position requires frequent workday and some weekend travel to BBBSI office locations within our 7-county service area in Southeastern PA and Southern NJ. Note: Typical schedule involves 2 evening shifts per week and 1 Saturday per month.
Leadership, Management, Accountability
1. Support the Community Based Enrollment & Match team to ensure a high level of quality performance and individual team members’ professional development.
2. As Team Leader, coordinates daily processing functions for up to 4 Enrollment and Match Specialists; assists Manager in team member performance review process by providing thoughtful input and feedback on performance; and acts as a peer leader for Specialists, upholding, by example, appropriate standards of practice and effective performance of functions and procedures.
3. Assist the Sr. Manager, Enrollment & Match to ensure that team members demonstrate high-level proficiency in, and application of child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job functions according to set standards of practice and agency policies while maintaining high metric performance.
4. Responsible for hiring enrollment and match staff and is responsible for training, developing, supervising and evaluating those employees; providing the tools to train, develop, supervise and evaluate staff.
5. Foster a team culture of accountability, trust, professionalism and excellence.
Goal Execution and Tracking
6. Identifies and eliminates, as early as possible, any barriers that may interfere with the completion of the enrollment process; documents and monitors all elements of enrollment and match functions and supervision.
7. Fulfills all electronic database documentation requirements; utilizes system to prepare and track personal and team performance; and demonstrates high levels of accuracy, efficiency and leadership for team members and all other internal and external clients and partners.
Screening, Assessment and Matching
8. Reviews enrollment information and assessments and makes recommendations for participation in the program based on this information. Effectively aligns volunteer interests and qualifications with service options of the Agency.
9. Determines matching of Bigs (volunteers) and Littles (clients), and passes matches to match support department.
10. Utilizes a high level of proficiency in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job; identifying potential child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families as soon as possible, making sound decisions as a result.
11. Under supervision of Senior Manager, Community Based Enrollment & Match, utilizes all metric reports and tracking data to help align matching efforts with recruitment initiatives and grant requirements.
12. Creates and administers tracking strategies for grant goals and provides regular updated reports to department leads.
Academic: Minimum - Bachelor’s degree in social services or related field preferred.
Professional: Minimum of 2 years functional experience in a human services environment preferred; supervisory experience a plus. Experience working with both child and adult populations; specific assessment and relationship development experience, and an understanding of child development and family preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages required. Must have daily and dependable access to a car, valid driver's license, and meet State-required automobile insurance minimums.
Personal Attributes: Must be able to demonstrate leadership; be dedicated; demonstrate an interpersonal savvy that helps establish effective relationships and an appropriate rapport with people; have attentive and active listening skills; possess a sales/marketing approach to interaction with youth clients and volunteers; be results/outcome oriented; be approachable, organized; and able to demonstrate sound judgment in a leadership capacity.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at: http://bbbsir.gatherdocs.com/.
BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.