Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence
Position: Team Leader, Community-Based Match Support
Location: Exton or Norristown, PA
AGENCY OVERVIEW JOB DESCRIPTION
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI) is the largest BBBS agency in PA/NJ and fourth largest in the nation. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI), seeks a Team Leader, Community-Based Match Support. The ideal candidate will support the match support function via the successful coordination of a match support team’s activities, as well as effective performance of individual match support responsibilities, practices and goals. This position requires some workday and weekend travel to BBBSI office locations and agency events within our 7-county service area in Southeastern PA and Southern NJ.
Leadership, Management, Accountability
1. Support the Community Based Match Support team to ensure a high level of quality performance and individual team members’ professional development.
2. Assist the Sr. Manager, Community Based Programs to ensure that team members demonstrate high-level proficiency in, and application of child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job functions according to set standards of practice and agency policies while maintaining high metric performance.
3. Responsible for hiring Match Support staff and is responsible for training, developing, supervising and evaluating those employees; providing the tools to train, develop, supervise and evaluate staff.
4. Foster a team culture of accountability, trust, professionalism and excellence.
Child Safety and Match Support
5. Assist with Community Based Match Support oversite, ensures that all match meetings, and support contacts are conducted according to all BBBS standards of practice.
6. Utilizes a level of proficiency in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of the job; identifying potential child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families as soon as possible, making sound decisions as a result in consultation with the Sr. Manager, Community Based Programs.
7. Works closely with Sr. Manager, Community Based Programs to continually seek to improve department functions and services and ensure that performance is directly in line with Agency goals and strategic initiatives.
8. Ensure that potential problems and barriers to success are identified and addressed through process evaluation and collaboration with department leadership.
Caseload Support and Match Making
9. Determine the elements of child safety, positive relationship and youth development indicators, and signs of a sense of affiliation with the Agency are present within the child/mentor match.
10. Provide friendly, approachable customer service and represent the Agency and our mission in a professional and positive manner.
11. Facilitate initial in-person meeting between Bigs, Littles and parent/guardians in client’s homes. Review ground rules and expectations in order to lay the foundation for a successful relationship.
12. Effectively utilize on-line database system for recording and reviewing all child/mentor match details.
Training and Team Development
13. Coordinate daily processing functions for a team of Community Based Match Support Specialists; assists department leadership in team member performance review process; and acts as a peer leader for Specialists, upholding, by example, appropriate standards of practice and effective performance of functions and procedures.
Academic: Minimum - Bachelor’s degree in social services or related field preferred.
Professional: Minimum of 2 years functional experience in a human services environment preferred; supervisory experience a plus. Experience working with both child and adult populations; specific assessment and relationship development experience, and an understanding of child development and family preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages required. Must have daily and dependable access to a car, valid driver's license, and meet State-required automobile insurance minimums.
Personal Attributes: Must be able to demonstrate leadership; be dedicated; demonstrate an interpersonal savvy that helps establish effective relationships and an appropriate rapport with people; have attentive and active listening skills; possess a sales/marketing approach to interaction with youth clients and volunteers; be results/outcome oriented; be approachable, organized; and able to demonstrate sound judgment in a leadership capacity.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at: http://bbbsir.gatherdocs.com/.
BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.