Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence
Position: Manager, School-Based Intake
Location: Philadelphia, PA
AGENCY OVERVIEW JOB DESCRIPTION
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI) is the largest BBBS agency in PA/NJ and fourth largest in the nation. BBBSI seeks a Manager, School-Based Intake. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. The ideal candidate will support the Intake function via the successful coordination of the Customer Relations and School-Based Enrollment team’s activities, as well as effective performance of individual enrollment responsibilities, practices and goals. This position requires frequent travel during the workday to area partner corporations and school locations within our 7-county service area in Southeastern PA and Southern NJ.
Leadership, Management, Accountability
1. Coordinate daily processing functions for Customer Relations and School-Based Enrollment teams; provides thoughtful input and feedback on performance for team members; and upholds, by example, appropriate standards of practice and effective performance of functions and procedures.
Child Safety and Standards
2. Utilize a high level of proficiency in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of the job; identifying potential child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families as soon as possible, making sound decisions as a result.
Partnership Development and Support
3. Work with Director, School-Based Mentoring to understand and execute goals for each partnership and consistently evaluate progress toward goals.
4. Assist with Beyond School Walls annual renewals
Background Check Process Management
5. Manage relationship with background check vendors including evaluating best vendors and processes, and troubleshooting. Also oversee management and scheduling of equipment.
Process and Resource Optimization
6. Coordinate cross training to allow for resource allocation to achieve maximum efficiency.
7. Assist in the development and evaluation of intake policies and procedures to ensure that processes are efficient and meet agency goals and national standards.
Academic: Minimum - Bachelor’s degree in social services or related field preferred.
Professional: Minimum of 3 years functional experience in a human services environment preferred; two years supervisory experience a plus. Experience working with both child and adult populations; specific assessment and relationship development experience, and an understanding of child development and family preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages required. Must have daily and dependable access to a car, valid driver's license, and meet State-required automobile insurance minimums.
Personal Attributes: Must be able to demonstrate leadership; be dedicated; demonstrate an interpersonal savvy that helps establish effective relationships and an appropriate rapport with people; have attentive and active listening skills; possess a sales/marketing approach to interaction with youth clients and volunteers; be results/outcome oriented; be approachable, organized; and able to demonstrate sound judgment in a leadership capacity.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at: http://bbbsir.gatherdocs.com/.
Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls please.
BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.