Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region
Position: School-Based Recruitment Specialist (full-time, salary)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
AGENCY OVERVIEW AND JOB DESCRIPTION
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI) is the largest BBBS agency in PA/NJ and fourth largest in the nation. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. BBBS IR seeks a School-Based Recruitment Specialist. This full-time position requires regional travel within the agency’s seven-county service area in Southeastern PA and Southern NJ, and some evening/weekend work with the majority of time spent during traditional work hours. The position recruits volunteers and conducts “Big” interviews and assessments during peak enrollment periods.
Partnership Development & Support
1. Develops and manages relationships with current and potential college and corporate volunteer sources to recruit new volunteers.
2. Works with Manager, SB Enrollment to set grant site recruitment goals and evaluate progress towards goals.
3. Develops and executes recruitment plan and conducts volunteer information sessions, orienting potential volunteers to the BBBS IR program.
Grant and Project Assistance
4. Manages grant communication between recruitment, enrollment, and match support team members.
Interviewing & Assessments
5. Conducts volunteer interviews, writes assessments, and works with the team to complete each step of the enrollment process. Volunteer orientations and interviews are often conducted at the college campuses and corporations of BBBS IR partners.
6. Reviews all volunteer enrollment information and assessments. Makes recommendations for participation in program based on all data. Effectively aligns volunteer interests and qualifications with service options of BBBS IR.
Intake process management
7. Fingerprints potential volunteers for FBI clearances during the day and during evening hours as scheduled.
8. Maintains accurate volunteer records in an online database.
9. Applies child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures to all aspects of job.
Academic: Minimum - must have a Bachelor's degree per national agency standards- in social services or related field preferred or 4-8+ years of combined direct service experience and education.
Professional: Experience with recruitment and public speaking, as well as specific assessment, intake or interview experience preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software packages required. Must have dependable and daily access to a car, valid driver's license, and meet State-required automobile insurance minimums.
Personal Attributes: Must have a customer/client focus, strong interpersonal skills, be results and outcome oriented, approachable, highly organized and detail oriented. Candidate must be a strong judge of character and able to accurately assess people. Candidate should be able to bring a sales/marketing approach to volunteer interaction in order to effectively match individuals with program and clients.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at https://bbbsir.gatherdocs.com/listing/3286.
Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls please.
BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.