Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region
Position: Manager, School-Based Mentoring (Full-Time, Exempt)
Location: Center City, Philadelphia, PA with travel to regional offices and service areas.
AGENCY OVERVIEW AND JOB DESCRIPTION JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI) is the largest BBBS agency in PA/NJ and fourth largest in the nation. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. BBBS IR seeks a Manager, School-Based Mentoring. Through effective leadership and guidance, the Manager, School-Based Mentoring will be responsible for the overall management of a team that effectively oversees school-based programs in accordance with the BBBS brand and BBBSA Standards of Practice. This includes supervision of Team Leaders and/ or School-Based Program Coordinators to ensure high-level performance and delivery of services.
Leadership, Management and Accountability
1. Consistently review Quality Assurance feedback with staff members to support ongoing professional development.
2. Assess individual training, information and support needs for each staff member to ensure positive development and successful job implementation.
3. Foster a team culture of accountability, trust, professionalism and excellence.
1. Utilizes a high level of proficiency in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of the job; identifying potential child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families as soon as possible, making sound decisions as a result.
1. Work with team to foster effective partnerships and implement both on-site and Beyond School Walls programs. Communicate with corporate and school liaisons to ensure program is mutually beneficial for all parties.
2. Assist Director, SB Programs with program planning, goal setting and team planning to ensure successful utilization of resources and fulfillment of grant and funder obligations
3. Work with team to design engaging programming including curriculum and activities for each visit. Continuous improvement and expansion of programming options to include special topics customized for partners or evolving needs of our matches.
School Based Match Support
1. Ensure that team members are performing scheduled in-person, telephone and electronic contact, ascertaining all necessary match elements: child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction; and that potential problems and barriers are identified and addressed as early as possible.
2. Confirm that team members demonstrate high-level proficiency in, and application of child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job functions.
Standards and Process Management
4. Work with and receive input from Enrollment team to match volunteers according to assessment and recommendations from Intake process.
5. Ensures that team members are completing their job functions according to BBBS standards of practice.
6. Ensure team members effectively plan and implement program logistics and assist overall team in logistics planning including transportation.
Academic: Minimum - Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree a plus.
Professional: Must have demonstrated experience working with youth and adult populations; two to four years supervisory or Big Brothers Big Sisters agency experience required. Must have prior experience working with diverse populations and areas, and be flexible in order to accommodate job responsibilities.
Skills/Requirements: Must be able to work independently without close management and possess a strong customer/client focus. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software packages required. Must have a valid driver’s license, car and insurance that meets the state required minimums.
Personal Attributes: The ideal candidate is highly organized and deadline driven; able to multi-task; can marshal resources to accomplish goals; adapts well to change and effectively leads others through shifting priorities as appropriate; is open minded and creates a climate in which people want to do their best; has an articulated belief in the mission of BBBS; and is able to manage through influence.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at: http://bbbsir.gatherdocs.com/.
BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.