Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region
Position: School-Based Enrollment Specialist (full-time, salary)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
AGENCY OVERVIEW AND JOB DESCRIPTION
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN'S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region (BBBS IR) is one of the largest BBBS agencies in the nation. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. BBBS IR seeks a School-Based Enrollment Specialist. This full-time position requires regional travel within the agency’s seven-county service area in southeastern PA and southern NJ, and some evening/weekend work with the majority of time spent during traditional work hours. The position recruits volunteers and conducts “Big” interviews and assessments during peak enrollment periods.
- Develops and manages relationships with current and potential college and corporate volunteer sources to recruit new volunteers.
- Assists with volunteer enrollment through conducting group volunteer information sessions, orienting potential volunteers to the BBBS IR program, conducting interviews, writing assessments, conducting reassessments and updates as needed, and working with the team to complete each step of the enrollment process. Volunteer orientations and interviews are often conducted at the college campuses and corporations of BBBS IR partners.
- Reviews all volunteer enrollment information and assessments. Makes recommendations for participation in program based on all data. Effectively aligns volunteer interests and qualifications with service options of BBBS IR.
- Applies child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures to all aspects of job.
- Maintains accurate volunteer records in an online database.
- Assists School-Based team to determine matches and facilitate match meetings, making recommendations for subsequent training and support needs of the volunteer.
Academic: Minimum - Bachelor's degree per national agency standards- in social services or related field preferred; if no degree, 4-8 years of direct services experience required.
Professional: Experience with recruitment and public speaking, as well as specific assessment, intake or interview experience preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software packages required. Must have dependable and daily access to a car, valid driver's license, and meet State-required automobile insurance minimums.
Personal Attributes: Must have a customer/client focus, strong interpersonal skills, be results and outcome oriented, approachable, highly organized and detail oriented. Candidate must be a strong judge of character and able to accurately assess people. Candidate should be able to bring a sales/marketing approach to volunteer interaction in order to effectively match individuals with program and clients.
BBBS IR provides a Total Rewards Package to full-time employees: vacation time (15 days per year), personal days (4 per year), sick days (12 per year), paid holidays (9), medical/dental/prescription/vision insurance and an Employee Assistance Program, 403b retirement plan, agency-paid life and AD&D insurance, Flexible Spending Account options, paid lunch break, and other Agency provided perks and benefits. Please note that certain conditions and eligibility requirements apply.
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at https://bbbsir.gatherdocs.com/listing/3286.
Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls please.
BBBS IR promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBS IR does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.