Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region
Position: Digital Marketing Manager (full-time)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region (BBBS IR) is proud to have achieved a 4-star rating by Charity Navigator, their highest level of distinction. BBBS IR is the second largest BBBS agency in the nation. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. Our vision is that all children achieve success in life.
BBBS Independence seeks a Digital Marketing Manager. The successful candidate will administer the company’s social media marketing and advertising, and website development. Administration includes but is not limited to deliberate planning and goal setting, development of brand awareness and online reputation, content management, SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic, and cultivation of donor leads and volunteer recruitment. This position will report to the Vice President of Marketing & Communications, and work closely with the Marketing & Communications and Program and Fund Development Teams to accomplish agency goals and objectives.
- Research and implement strategic marketing and digital communication projects for BBBS Independence.
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content.
- Generate compelling stories from volunteers, parents, and children willing to speak, be profiled, or be quoted on BBBS Independence’s behalf; work with agency management teams and staff to expand library of profiles and match stories as needed (strong emphasis on video content)
- Work with Program staff and agency partners to help secure volunteers, children, and guardians for speaking opportunities and/or attendance at special events; script testimonials as appropriate
- Identify and improve organizational development aspects that would improve content (ie: video production, employee training, recognition and rewards for participation in the company’s marketing and online review building).
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
- Promote content through social advertising
- Manage strategy and content for BBBS Independence website, including SEO optimization and Google analytics
- Track and monitor all marketing/communications activities and costs to ensure positive ROI and optimal efficiency
- Manage media-related functions including social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat), public service announcements, news releases, press conferences, and media inquiries
- Write and edit marketing and communication materials including newsletters, fact sheets, brochures and other collate
- Manage external vendor relationships: consultants, advertising and public relations firms, printers, and website providers
- Write speeches for Executive Leadership team and script talking points for agency testimonials and agency related speaking engagements
- Supervise temporary marketing and communications staff and interns
Academic: Minimum requirement: Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Communications/Marketing/Digital Media.
Professional: 4-5 years of business experience in a Marketing, Communications or Public Relations role required. Knowledge of digital and social media trends/best practices, and proficiency with Microsoft Office software required.
- The Social Media Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future constituents. That passion comes through as he/she engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into loyal donors and volunteers.
- Superior writing and editing skills, with an understanding of the importance of segmentation strategies and targeting communications to different audiences.
- Strong communication and organizational skills; ability to work independently; and attention to detail (including proofreading and project management)
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet multiple deadlines
- Highly organized; ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization and Board members
BBBS IR provides a Total Rewards Package to full-time employees: vacation time, personal days, sick time, paid holidays, medical/dental/prescription/vision insurance and an Employee Assistance Program, 403b retirement plan, agency-paid life and AD&D insurance, Flexible Spending Account options, paid lunch break, and other Agency provided perks and benefits. Please note that certain conditions and eligibility requirements apply.
BBBS also has "Summer Fridays"- 1pm dismissal on Fridays during Summer 2017.
Please submit resume and cover letter with salary expectations.
Note: Submission of writing samples and completion of a writing exercise will be part of the interview process.
Only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls please.
BBBS IR promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBS IR does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.