Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region
Position: Customer Relations Specialist (part-time, 20 hours per week)
Location: Exton, PA
AGENCY OVERVIEW AND JOB DESCRIPTION
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region (BBBS IR) is the second largest BBBS Agency in the nation. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. BBBS IR seeks a Customer Relations Specialist. In this position, the ideal candidate has the chance to support the agency by effectively performing customer relations services for the “Littles” (children) that we serve and their parents/guardians, and the “Bigs” (volunteers) that serve as mentors. This position reports to the Team Leader, Customer Relations.
- Through phone and email communication in an office setting, perform initial volunteer/child mentoring match work by checking volunteer references.
- Perform volunteer background checks and handle identity documentation.
- Obtain preliminary information and schedule/coordinate volunteer and child enrollment interviews.
- Quickly and efficiently respond to volunteer and parent/guardian inquiries regarding enrollment and the status of interviews.
- Respond to general volunteer inquiries and positively represent BBBS IR and our programs to all those who contact us.
- Utilize all BBBS IR online databases and computer programs to accurately record and update client and volunteer information.
Academic: Must have a Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 8 years’ experience in human service work. Final candidates without a bachelor’s degree must receive a conditional waiver from the National BBBS Agency.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years prior sales and customer service experience or college degree in a related field; experience working with children and adults in specific assessment, intake or interview roles preferred; proficiency in using databases for documentation and Microsoft Office software packages including Word, Outlook Access and Excel.
Skills: Must be a self-starter with strong organizational skills and multi-tasking skills, possess the ability to interact with and relate well to others, and have attentive and active listening and communication skills.
Personal Attributes: Must have a passion for our mission; be dedicated; demonstrate an interpersonal savvy that helps establish effective relationships and an appropriate rapport with people; possess a sales/marketing approach to interaction with youth-clients and volunteers; be results/outcome oriented; have the ability to size up people and look beyond the obvious; be approachable and able to demonstrate sound judgment.
Please submit cover letter and resume online.
Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls please.
BBBS IR promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBS IR does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.