Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region
Position: Enrollment and Match Specialist (40 hours per week, full-time, salary)
Location: Center City, Philadelphia Office
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region (BBBS IR) is proud to have achieved a 4-star rating by Charity Navigator, their highest level of distinction. BBBS IR is one of the largest BBBS agencies in the nation, proudly serving Southeastern PA and Southern NJ. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. Our vision is that all children achieve success in life.
BBBS IR seeks a candidate for a rewarding "Match-Making" position! This position will facilitate the enrollment processes of "Big" and "Little" mentoring relationships, “Matches”, through conducting interviews, assessments, processing applications, matching, and administrative tasks, including paper filing and inputting notes into the database website. Note: Typical work schedule includes three 9am-5pm shifts and two 11am-7pm evening shifts per week, and 1-2 Saturdays per month from 9-5pm. Travel throughout BBBS IR’s 7-county service area is required, particularly in Philadelphia County. This position reports to the Manager, Enrollment & Match.
- Oversee and conduct all enrollment procedures including: Volunteer, child, and parent/guardian interviews; Presenting individual and group orientation sessions, Conducting phone and email reference checks for volunteers, Providing child safety education; Assessing and referring families for alternative or additional services as needed; Applying learned child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures to all aspects of job.
- Schedule and conduct in-home and in-office child/guardian interviews; Strategically engage families that live in close proximity to available volunteers.
- Review all enrollment information and assessments, making recommendations for participation in the BBBS program based on all data, and effectively aligning volunteer interests and qualifications with service options of Agency. The Enrollment and Match Specialist is expected to achieve good, very good, or excellent ratings on all written assessments that are scored for quality review.
- Pair volunteers and children in 1:1 matches (goal is 7 matches per month), making recommendations to Match Support staff for subsequent training and support needs, and collaborating with other staff to ensure a smooth transition among functions.
- Conduct volunteer/client reassessments and updates, always maintaining accurate records.
Requirements: Willing and able to work on a full-time basis; Have viable transportation enabling efficient travel to offices, partnership locations, and within the BBBS IR service area for the purpose of in-home interviews and meetings; Valid driver’s license and insurance to meet job responsibilities; Willing and able to work effectively with diverse populations and in diverse areas.
Academic/Equivalent Requirements: Minimum - Bachelor's degree or 4-8+ years’ experience in direct social services work combined with education.
Skills: Must have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages and possess the ability to effectively utilize BBBS IR’s internal database systems for tracking and recording information. Spanish-speaking skills are a plus.
Professional: Experience working with both child and adult populations, as well as specific assessment, intake or interview experience is preferred. Previous experience with youth service organizations and with socio-economically diverse populations is preferred.
Personal Attributes: Must have a customer/client focus, value diversity, strong interpersonal skills, be results and outcome oriented, approachable and highly organized in order to manage tasks; Must be a strong judge of character and able to accurately assess people.
BBBS IR provides a Total Rewards Package to full-time employees: vacation time, personal days, sick time, paid holidays, medical/dental/prescription/vision insurance and an Employee Assistance Program, 403b retirement plan, agency-paid life, long-term disability, and AD&D insurance, Flexible Spending Account options, paid lunch break, and other Agency provided perks and benefits. Please note that certain conditions and eligibility requirements apply.
Please submit cover letter and resume online.
Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls please.
BBBS IR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBS Independence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, gender identity or expression, disability, military service, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood traits, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.