Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence
Position: Director, School-Based Mentoring (full time, exempt)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
AGENCY OVERVIEW AND JOB DESCRIPTION
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI) is the third largest BBBS agency in the nation. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. BBBSI seeks a Director, School-Based Mentoring. Through effective leadership and guidance, the Director, School-Based Mentoring (SB), will be responsible for the overall management of a team that effectively oversees school-based programs in accordance with the BBBS brand and BBBSA Standards of Practice. This includes supervision of the SB Manager, Team Leaders, and School-Based Program Coordinators to ensure high-level performance and delivery of services.
Leadership, Management and Accountability:
- Assist Vice President, Program with program planning, goal setting and team planning to ensure successful utilization of resources and fulfillment of grant and funder obligations.
- Ensure team members effectively plan and implement programs including engaging program curriculum and activities for matches.
- Foster a team culture of accountability, trust, professionalism and excellence.
Standards and Process Management:
- Lead team to achieve clear metrics and benchmarks set according to National Standards and agency goals.
- Work with Vice President, Program to revise processes and procedures according to Standards and requirements and communicate and train team.
- Work with and receive input from Enrollment team to match volunteers according to assessment and recommendations from intake process and ensure team is on track to meet or exceed match goals.
Beyond School Walls Partnerships and Grants:
- Foster effective partnerships to implement both on-site and Beyond School Walls programs. Communicate with corporate and school liaisons to ensure program is mutually beneficial for all parties.
- Lead Beyond School Wall Renewal Team to cultivate corporate and school partnerships and renew partnerships annually. Complete grant or funding process with each partner to ensure funding is received.
- Work with LGBTQ Program Manager to ensure LGBTQ programming is on track and effective in delivering services to LGBTQ community while meeting grant objectives.
Academic: Minimum - Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree a plus.
Professional: Must have demonstrated experience working with youth and adult populations; minimum four years supervisory or Big Brothers Big Sisters agency experience required. Must have prior experience working with diverse populations and areas, and be flexible in order to accommodate job responsibilities.
Skills/Requirements: Must be able to work independently and possess a strong customer/client focus. Must show evidence of effective leadership and relationship building including internal and external stakeholders. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software packages required. Must have a valid driver’s license, access to a car and insurance that meets the state required minimums.
Personal Attributes: The ideal candidate is highly organized and deadline driven; able to multi-task; can marshal resources to accomplish goals; adapts well to change and effectively leads others through shifting priorities as appropriate; is open minded and creates a climate in which people want to do their best; has an articulated belief in the mission of BBBS; and is able to manage through influence.
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at: https://bbbsir.gatherdocs.com/
Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls please.
BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.