Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region
Position: Program Assistant (part-time, hourly, non-exempt)
Location: Center City Philadelphia, PA
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region (BBBSI) is proud to have achieved a 4-star rating by Charity Navigator, their highest level of distinction. BBBSI is one of the largest BBBS agencies in the nation. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. Our vision is that all children achieve success in life.
BBBSI seeks a part-time Program Assistant for the School-Based Enrollment team who will work up to 20 hours per week at a pay rate of $13/hour. This position requires the applicant to do 4-8 hour shifts. In this position you will help the school-based team reach their goal of making 1,500 mentoring matches by helping to process volunteer applications. The Program Assistant will be exposed to and learn about the School-Based program intake processes. This position reports to the Team Leader, School Based Enrollment and is based in a routine office environment.
- Enter personal information of volunteers into Salesforce for tracking purposes
- Make copies of interview paperwork
- File and organize paper files
- Process volunteer applications for background checks and references
- Prepare interview files
Background Check Completion
- Perform internet and social media checks on volunteers
- Conduct phone and email reference checks for potential volunteers
- Conduct follow up with volunteers as needed
- Travel to off-site partnership locations or conduct in office appointments to fingerprint volunteers
- Perform other office tasks as assigned by BBBS staff
- Continually develop skills and knowledge through Agency provided trainings
A high school degree is required. Excellent attention to detail is a must. Ability to lift a 50lb fingerprinting machine and transport in a personal vehicle to partner sites is required. Mileage and parking expenses associated with traveling for fingerprinting are reimbursable. Candidate must have license and dependable access to a car. Database experience is a plus.
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at: https://bbbsir.gatherdocs.com/listing/3557
Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls please.
BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.