JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI) is proud to have achieved a 4-star rating by Charity Navigator, their highest level of distinction. BBBSI is the largest BBBS agency in PA/NJ and fourth largest in the nation. Our mission is to build and support one-to-one relationships to ignite the biggest possible futures for youth. We also strive to strengthen the youth mentoring field through collaboration, training and technical assistance, data collection, and advocacy.
As BBBSI grows in terms of scale, complexity, and impact, we seek a VP, Advancement. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Vice President, Advancement is responsible for planning, directing, and implementing a comprehensive development program exceeding $6.5M annually, and developing talented team members focused toward the goal of significantly increasing donor engagement and fundraising outcomes. BBBSI is seeking a seasoned professional to lead sustainable growth, and work with the CEO and Senior Leadership, the Governing Board Development Committee, and the Honorary Board to drive new revenue, maintain and elevate current donors, and expand development capabilities with one of the country’s leading BBBS agencies.
Candidates with a strong connection to the community that BBBS IR serves and the Southeastern Pennsylvania/Southern New Jersey area are given preferential consideration. Moderate travel to branch offices, community and corporate partners is required, as is some nights and weekend work.
Leadership, Management, Accountability
- Lead, manage, and inspire a staff of seven, including three direct reports – Director of Individual & Institutional Giving, Director, Special Events & Sponsorships, and a Development Specialist – toward accountable, goal-oriented outcomes.
- Oversee State and Local Government Relations in partnership with the CEO, and contracted lobbying support at the State Level.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Board Development Committee and the Honorary Board.
- Strengthen and ensure dynamic processes and strategies for Advancement in all phases of donor qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, and pull-through across the organization to enhance effectiveness and efficiency.
- Help identify, implement and track key performance indicators (KPIs) for Advancement.
- Establish priorities for Marketing & Communications support of the Advancement team.
- Oversee integration of Indyforce (Salesforce CRM) into agency practices and partner with Finance/other relevant staff to enhance and maintain gift processing policies and procedures, and ensure thorough and accurate record-keeping/reconciliation.
- Maintain and grow a dynamic portfolio of high net worth individuals, securing major, principal, and planned gifts, raising at least $1M annually through effective donor identification, qualification, cultivation, and solicitation.
- Grow major/principal gifts and corporate gifts (Beyond School Walls and Special Event Sponsorships) funding through the Board Development Committee and the Honorary Board.
- Steward local leaders, business and corporate partnerships, and other stakeholders, and build relationships that closely link the community with the Agency, serving as an exemplary Agency advocate in the community
- Maintain assigned Indyforce (Salesforce) records.
Strategy & Planning
- Advance the mission and vision of the Agency, ensuring integration through Advancement strategy and implementation, including donor campaigns and special events.
- Oversee and direct all channels of fundraising, including individual giving/annual fund, major & principal gifts, planned giving, corporate and foundation relations, special events and sponsorships, alumni and donor relations, stewardship, and advancement services.
- Develop annual plans and budgets, ensure organizational planning and alignment across teams, and create and execute fund raising strategies and plans that utilize best practices to meet fundraising goals.
Academic: Minimum - Bachelor’s degree, required; Master’s degree, preferred.
Professional: Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in fundraising, ideally in human services environment; minimum of 5 years supervisory experience. Ability to work with many diverse constituencies. The successful candidate will display a record of leadership and accomplishment in advancement with a proven track record of fundraising success, especially with campaign planning/execution and in major gift solicitations. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of cultivation and solicitation of numerous major and principal gifts, and demonstrated success with building advancement programs and fundraising performance. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and donor CRM packages required.
Personal Attributes: Results/outcome orientation with a proven track record of exceeding goals, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to think strategically and anticipate future consequences, action oriented and promoter of operational agility to meet changing client/constituent needs/environmental changes. Strong yet collegial management style reflecting the ability to manage and lead people and groups, develop leaders and teams, and build organization and staff capacity and promote individual and organizational success. Exemplary interpersonal skills are essential, as is the ability to affect favorably sophisticated volunteers and donors. Attentive and active listening skills, organization, and evidence of a commitment to lifelong learning and professional growth are expected. Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation. Our best employees:
- Set the bar high
- Do the right thing
- Collaborate toward a common goal
- Are positive, can-do, and solution-oriented
- Are accountable and get it done
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at: http://bbbsir.gatherdocs.com/.
Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls or 3rd party solicitation please.
BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.