JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI) is proud to have achieved a 4-star rating by Charity Navigator, their highest level of distinction. BBBSI is the largest BBBS agency in PA/NJ and fourth largest in the nation. Our mission is to build and support one-to-one relationships to ignite the biggest possible futures for youth. We also strive to strengthen the youth mentoring field through collaboration, training and technical assistance, data collection, and advocacy.
Reporting to the Vice President of Advancement, the Director of Special Events & Sponsorships is responsible for maintaining and growing a special event portfolio exceeding $1.2M, and developing one direct report, both focused toward the goal of enhancing our mission, efficiently increasing fundraising outcomes pre- and post-event, and ensuring excellent customer service. BBBSI is seeking an experienced fundraising events professional to plan sustainable growth, and work with senior leadership and Board-chaired Special Event Committees to drive new revenue, maintain and elevate current sponsors, and expand special events capabilities with one of the country’s leading BBBS agencies.
Candidates with a strong connection to the community that BBBS IR serves and the Southeastern Pennsylvania/Southern New Jersey area are given preferential consideration. Moderate travel to branch offices, community and corporate partners is required, as is some nights and weekend work.
Leadership, Management, Accountability
- Lead, manage, and inspire one direct report, Manager, Special Events – toward accountable, goal-oriented outcomes within the larger Advancement team.
- Oversee strategy and execution for the Agency’s 4 Signature Events (Building Big, Fashion Touchdown, Golf Classic, and FlavorFest), develop annual plans and budgets.
- Produce and execute high-quality Signature Events as assigned (Building Big and Fashion Touchdown), including; 1) Service as staff liaison to the Board-chaired Special Event Committees 2) Overall project planning, alignment, and management for the events and 3) Effective logistics management (e.g., guest experience, run of show, catering, AV, décor, parking, invitations, volunteer management).
- Advance the mission and vision of the Agency, ensuring Program integration within each Special Event.
- Ensure consistent and effective use of Indyforce (Salesforce CRM) within the team and partner with Manager of Special Events, Development Specialist, Finance and other relevant staff to ensure thorough and accurate record-keeping/reconciliation, and effective reporting on the Special Event portfolio.
- Raise at least $1M annually (gross) through the Building Big and Fashion Touchdown events
- Maintain and grow a dynamic event sponsorship pipeline and portfolio through effective sponsor identification, qualification, cultivation, and solicitation directly and through the Special Event Committees, Board, or Regional Advisory Boards
- Manage event revenue enhancement initiatives effectively and efficiently, such as auctions and raffles
- Collaborate effectively with Marketing & Communications on Events Marketing, Campaign Development, and Communication
- Steward sponsorship portfolio, local business and corporate partnerships, and other stakeholders, and building relationships that closely link the community with the Agency, serving as an exemplary Agency advocate in the community
- Maintain assigned Indyforce (Salesforce) records and campaigns
Academic: Minimum - Bachelor’s degree, required; Master’s degree, preferred.
Professional: Minimum of 5 years as a fundraising special events professional, non-profit, human services environment preferred; 3 years supervisory experience. Ability to work with many diverse constituencies. The successful candidate will display a record of leadership and accomplishment in special events with a proven track record of fundraising success, especially with planning/execution and in sponsorship solicitations. The successful candidate will demonstrate successful cultivation and solicitation of numerous sponsorships. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and donor CRM packages required. Must have daily and dependable access to a car, valid driver's license, and meet State-required automobile insurance minimums.
Personal Attributes: Results/outcome orientation with a proven track record of exceeding goals, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to think strategically and anticipate future consequences, action oriented and promoter of operational agility to meet changing client/constituent needs/environmental changes. Strong yet collegial management style reflecting the ability to manage and lead people and groups, develop leaders and teams, and build organization and staff capacity and promote individual and organizational success. Exemplary interpersonal skills are essential, as is the ability to affect favorably sophisticated volunteers and donors. Attentive and active listening skills, organization, and evidence of a commitment to lifelong learning and professional growth are expected. Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation. Our best employees:
- Set the bar high
- Do the right thing
- Collaborate toward a common goal
- Are positive, can-do, and solution-oriented
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at: http://bbbsir.gatherdocs.com/.
Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls or 3rd party solicitation please.
BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. BBBSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.