Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region
Position: Team Leader, School-based Enrollment
Location: Philadelphia, PA
AGENCY OVERVIEW & JOB DESCRIPTION
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING AGENCY THAT SEEKS TO ENSURE THAT ALL YOUTH ACHIEVE THEIR FULL POTENTIAL. Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI), seeks a Team Leader, School-Based Enrollment. BBBSI is the third largest BBBS agency in the nation. Our mission is to build and support one-to-one relationships that ignite the biggest possible futures for youth, and strengthen the youth mentoring field through evidence-based mentoring services, collaboration and advocacy. This role will directly supervise a team of 3-5 School-based Enrollment Specialists. The ideal candidate will support the Intake function via the successful coordination of the School-Based Enrollment team’s activities, as well as effective performance of individual enrollment responsibilities, practices and goals. This position requires frequent travel during the workday to area partner corporations and school locations within our 7-county service area in Southeastern PA and Southern NJ.
Leadership, Management, Accountability
- Supervises daily processing functions for School-based Enrollment Specialists, Assistants, and interns; manages team member performance review process providing thoughtful input and feedback on performance for team members; and upholds, by example, appropriate standards of practice and effective performance of functions and procedures.
- Fosters a team culture of accountability, trust, professionalism and excellence.
School-Based Process and Schedule Management
- Works with Manager, SB Enrollment and the School-Based team to set program and site goals and evaluate progress to goals. Coordinates with Customer Relations team to ensure appropriate staffing and interviewing at on-site and off-site locations.
Volunteer Recruitment/Partnership Development and Support
- Manages college and corporate volunteer partnerships to achieve recruitment goals alongside School-based Match Support (case managers) and the Advancement team.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with university and corporate liaisons and college boards to ensure consistent communication and positive relationships on behalf of the agency, with a focus on program needs as well as fund development needs.
- Provides friendly, approachable customer service and represents the Agency and our mission in a professional and positive manner.
Screening, Assessment, and Child Safety
- Oversees volunteer enrollments by presenting group volunteer information sessions, 1:1 volunteer interviews, assessments, and the completion of any other enrollment process. Maintains high proficiency at applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures to all aspects of job.
- Reviews all enrollment information and assessments, always maintaining accurate records. Makes recommendations for each prospective volunteer’s participation in program based on all data, and effectively aligns volunteer interests and qualifications with the service options of the
- Collaborates with other service delivery staff to ensure a smooth transition among functions.
- Demonstrates a high level of proficiency in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of the job; identifies potential child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families as soon as possible, making sound decisions as a result.
Academic: Minimum: Bachelor’s degree (social services or related field preferred) or 4-8+ combined education and years of direct service experience.
Professional: 2+ years functional experience in a human services environment and supervisory experience preferred. Experience working with both child and adult populations; specific assessment and relationship development experience, and an understanding of child development and family preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages required. Must have daily and dependable access to a car, valid driver's license, and meet State-required automobile insurance minimums.
Personal Attributes: Must demonstrate leadership, dedication, and an interpersonal savvy that helps establish effective relationships and an appropriate rapport with people; have attentive and active listening skills; take a sales/marketing approach to interaction with youth clients and volunteers; are results/outcome oriented; are approachable, organized; and demonstrate sound judgment in a leadership capacity. Our best employees 1) set the bar high 2) are intentional and thoughtful about their choices 3) collaborate as a means to community solutions 4) are positive, can-do, and solution-oriented 5) embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion, and 6) are accountable and get it done.
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted online at: http://bbbsir.gatherdocs.com/.Note: only those applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted. No phone calls please.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
At BBBSI, we serve more than 3,200 children annually in Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties in Pennsylvania, and Burlington, Camden and Gloucester Counties in New Jersey. Our aspiration is to develop an organization that reflects our constituent base. BBBSI promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds.
BBBSI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status, first and second-generation immigrants, and people from low-income families, or any legally protected factor. A diversity of lived experiences will better enable us to serve and improve lives.